- Volunteered: If you register with us, download a report, fill out a profile page, purchase products or services, send us an email, or share personal information with us in any other way, we will collect and sometimes store whatever information you share. This obviously depends on what information you choose to provide but it may include your name, email address, credit card information or other billing information. You do not have to share this information with us, but without it you may not be able to access certain content or features or participate in certain areas of the Site.
- Publicly Posted: If you post information on public areas of the Site (or elsewhere on the internet) that information may be collected, stored and used by anyone, including us. (We strongly recommend that you do not post any information that allows strangers to identify or locate you. Posting such information may result in unsolicited messages or contact from others, to say the least.)
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
The short answer is that we use this information to help us provide you with better service. It also helps our advertisers and partners provide you with more relevant offers, which in turn helps cover the cost of our services to you. Among other things, the information we collect enables SMB-Software.com to:
- customize the advertising and content you see
- fulfill your requests for products and services and validate your user rights
- improve its services
- contact and communicate with you
- conduct research and analysis
- provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- provide you with additional information we think is of interest to you
WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Anonymous Information. Anonymous information is information that does not identify you personally, like your IP address and referring website addresses. We may share anonymous information with others, such as advertisers, sponsors and business partners.
- All Information (Both Anonymous and Personally Identifiable). In certain circumstances, we may share any or all information we have collected, including personally identifiable information. For example:
- We might share your personally identifiable information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
- If you give us permission, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties who might send you marketing and promotional information.
- Your personal information may be transferred to anyone who is helping us make the Site and Services available and functional, like technical agents, payment processing vendors, other subcontractors, and our affiliates and consultants.
- As in any transaction, if you provide your credit card information to us for purchases, your credit card company will be provided with all relevant information about us, item(s) purchased, cost and other information necessary to process the transaction.
- We may disclose your personal information if permitted or required by law or where we believe such action is necessary in order to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our users or business partners.
- If you choose to provide us your Personally Identifiable Information, we may share your Personal Identifiable Information for marketing purposes with our affiliates, partners and vendors. The use of your Personally Identifiable Information may result in follow-up communications from those partners and vendors regarding their products or services. For instance, upon receiving your request for software trial, we will forward your Personal Identifiable Information to the partner or vendor of your preference who will then follow up with you regarding your request. The use of your Personally Identifiable Information by those partners and vendors is governed by the privacy policies of those partners and vendors and is not subject to our control. Should you have any inquiries relating to the use of your information by those partners and vendors, you should contact them directly.
- Occasionally we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personally Identifiable Information to the appropriate governmental authorities. We will disclose Personally Identifiable Information upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Site is not intended for children under age 13, or for anyone under age 18 without involvement of a parent or guardian. The Site includes unmonitored content posted by users and sourced from other third parties and as you can imagine, such content may be unsuitable for children. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13.
Information that SMB-Software.com collects is stored on servers that SMB-Software.com manages, using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, SMB-Software.com cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites or Services and you do so at your own risk.
Your personal information may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state or country or to a jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that SMB-Software.com processes and stores information in the United States and your use of our Site or Services constitutes your consent to and understanding of this processing.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
In addition, if you wish to exclude your personal information from our direct marketing, or if you would like to update or delete your email address, mailing address or other personal information, or otherwise manage communications your receive from SMB-Software.com, please contact us at the above.
Effective: June 7th, 2011